|Dates & Fees 2017|
|Duration||Available each week, 1-6 weeks|
|Fees||£180 per week|
- How to mount & dismount as well as basic controls of the horse
- The correct riding position in walk, trot and canter
- Introduction into Dressage and hacking around Contessa’s woodlands
- ‘Have a go’ session in Vaulting (gymnastics on horseback) basics on the static barrels followed by work on the horses
- Introduction to jumping and course work for more experienced riders
- Having fun and direct contact around the animals and in nature!
The horse care and stable management lectures include:
- Health & safety guidelines and skills around horses
- Horse communication and behaviour
- How to approach, lead and groom a horse as well as knowing how to handle them
- Horse riding equipment and how to use it (Saddlery)
The sessions are open to all, and cater to all ages and levels of expertise - from beginners to seasoned riders. Each session is divided into one hour's riding and a second hour on horse care and stable management. On the final day the students can try 'vaulting' - which is a kind of gymnastics on horseback! Students will receive a certification of their achievements for the week. We arrange transport to and from the centre, and provide all necessary equipment. Please check Contessa’s website www.contessariding.co.uk for pictures and more information.