|Dates & Fees 2018|
|Duration||Available for 1 week|
- How to mount & dismount as well as basic controls of the horse
- The correct riding position in walk, trot and canter
- Introduction into Dressage and hacking around Contessa’s woodlands
- ‘Have a go’ session in Vaulting (gymnastics on horseback) basics on the static barrels followed by work on the horses
- Introduction to jumping and course work for more experienced riders
- Having fun and direct contact around the animals and in nature!
The horse care and stable management lectures include:
- Health & safety guidelines and skills around horses
- Horse communication and behaviour
- How to approach, lead and groom a horse as well as knowing how to handle them
- Horse riding equipment and how to use it (Saddlery)
The sessions are open to all, and cater to all ages and levels of expertise - from beginners to seasoned riders. Each session is divided into one hour's riding and a second hour on horse care and stable management. On the final day the students can try 'vaulting' - which is a kind of gymnastics on horseback! Students will receive a certification of their achievements for the week. We arrange transport to and from the centre, and provide all necessary equipment. Please check Contessa’s website www.contessariding.co.uk for pictures and more information.
Your child can attend a maximum of 1 week of horse riding