Read on for further advice for parents whose children are attending the Summer School:
The College is a safe, friendly community where children are well behaved and well mannered. Please go through our Code of Conduct and our rules with your child and check that you agree with them.
|Be friendly, kind, helpful and polite to everyone|
|Do not use bad language (in any language)|
|Speak English in all classes and activities|
|Integrate and make friends and speak English|
|Work well with your house parent, teachers and roommate|
|Stay in the College, do not leave the grounds|
|Do not smoke, chew gum or drink alcohol|
|Keep the College looking nice, no graffiti or litter|
|Keep your bedroom and belongings tidy|
|Be on time for lessons and excursions and bed|
|Keep your file of work tidy and take it home with you|
|Leave you MP3/iPod on the bus during excursions|
|Be very careful with your money and valuables|
|Rudeness, racism, bullying and fighting are not tolerated|
|No boys are allowed in girls' residential areas|
|No girls are allowed in boys' residential areas|
|Drinking alcohol or drunkenness is not tolerated|
|Smoking is not tolerated|
|No intimate behaviour between children is allowed|
Residential House Parents are the people who live with you and care for you. Please get to know them and ask them to help you - it's their job.
Teachers get to know you too and are always ready to listen to you - about anything you need to talk about!
The Infirmary: If you feel unwell or have a serious problem you can speak to the Nurse in the Infirmary.
Student Welfare: If you need to talk to someone we are ALL here to help you.
Mr Lee Hawkes can help with any serious or difficult problems. There are many things you can do to help yourself as well:
- Enjoy yourself and be happy.
- Smiling helps you make friends.
- Talk to your teachers and your house parents
- Try as many different activities as you can.
- Look after each other and be kind to each other.
- Lock any valuables in your suitcase or give them to the school office.
- Do things at the right time - don't be late.
- If you see anything or anybody strange - tell someone immediately.
- Wash, clean your teeth and change your clothes every day.
- Eat Healthily, Responsibly and Politely, three times a day.
- Don't call your parents too much.
- If you feel unwell - tell someone and go to the infirmary.
- If you have a personal problem - tell the nurse in the infirmary.
- If you need to talk to someone we are ALL here to help you.
At the start of your course, we will meet you at the airport and escort you back to the College. This is a service for everyone on the Monday which is the arrival day.
There are two airports which are convenient for the College. London Heathrow International Airport, which is approximately 70 minutes by car from the College, and London Stansted International Airport, which is approximately 25 minutes by car from the College.
We will be waiting in the airport on Monday between the hours of 09:00 and 17:00. Therefore you should arrive in the airport between those times.
We recommend that children under the age of 12 years should fly as Unaccompanied Minors.
All students should carry with them a copy of the confirmation letter issued by the College.
At the end of the course, on Sunday, we also transport everyone back to the airport, help them to check in, and show them the departure gate.
The airport transfer service above is included in the school fee. If you must come at a different time or to a different airport, please tell us - there will be a charge for a special arrangement.